Monday, September 28, 2009

Grey's Anatomy & Andoy - something in common?

I've been an avid fan of the Grey's Anatomy TV show, from it's first season to the latest (been waiting for it for a few months now). It is now on its 6th season just like House is. Their first episode which was a two-hour special was really heartbreaking. It is all about the five stages of grief mainly because George died. When last season ended, everybody was left hanging because both Izzie and George were on their close-to-death bed. Glad to know Izzie survived but then again, George died.

The first episode was heart wrenching in that it focused mainly on how people who experience sorrow deal with it differently. But however we show it, there's still that five stages we have to go through. They are in order and can't be skipped.
1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance

Here are some quotes from the episode which crushed my heart because it is so true...
"That's how you know you're alive, when it hurts so much you can't breathe, that's when you know you'll survive."
"The worst part about grief is you can't control it, the best thing for us to do is to let ourselves feel it when it comes and let it go when we can."
"The very worst part is that the minute you think you're past it, it starts all over again and always, everytime, it takes your breath away."

I remember feeling this way in the past, when I thought I couldn't handle it. When everyday feels like there's thousands of needles stabbing my heart. I certainly don't feel this way now - not one bit but I just want to write something about it and remind myself in case I ever feel that way again ( I really hope not), that it is okay and it will pass. That however way I deal with it, it will bury itself sooner or later because there are these stages and that should somehow reassure me that in due time, I will learn to accept it all.

I guess this is also the perfect time to write about this because of the families that got affected by the storm "Andoy" last Saturday (September 26, 2009). As of this writing, death count is around 73. Their families are grieving right now but this too shall pass...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog

Doodly

Labels

12x12 (19) ADS (7) Album (2) Altered (14) announcement (1) BG (2) card (4) Challenge (19) class (1) crop (1) DT (10) Masks (1) mini-album (1) musings (28) Organizing (2) Prima (8) publish (1) Scrapbook Room (1) Summer LOs (3) Survivor (2) technique (1) TIn (1) travel (8) Tutorial (3) wedding (6) win (4) Workshops (1) Xmas (2)