Tuesday, April 13, 2010

SPRING Love

It's my turn this week to post a new DT challenge over at Scrapbook Challenges. This is supposed to be my last DT month but Pamela decided to keep those who want to stay and add more folks to the team and much much more activities in store! Isn't that awesome? Well, I love her sketches so why wouldn't I stay? And I forgot to mention that she's adding a 2-page version of the sketch now and they are just lovely. I'm just not a 2-pager lady but definitely hope to try them out soon.


Now back to my challenge, I called it "Spring Love" and what better way to show Spring than through pastel colored papers and embellies and add to that some flowers and butterflies! :) So yes, that is my challenge this week plus a bit more - create a page containing pastel colored papers, butterlfy, flower and 2 or more rubons. Yes, get those rub-ons out. They are so expensive and yet we tend to always forget them.


This is my layout. It's made of My Little Shoebox papers and embellies that came with my DT pack care of SC Creator - Pamela. Thanks again for these! :)




The flower is made of circles I punched from one of the border designs. Added some leaves from the same paper and Voila! The butterfly is punched using my newly bought Martha Stewart Punch and I misted it using Glimmer Mist Patina and Red Velvet.


This is one of the rubons I used which I hid part of using one of the photo corner die cuts. At the base is also a heart flourish that I used as a mask and misted the area with Shimmerz Spritz.




The title is also an MLS chipboard which I inked and i also overlapped a few letters using fam tapes. The heart and the title background were also die cuts.




Materials Used:
PP, Die cuts and Alpha - My Little Shoebox
Punchers - Martha Stewart, Fiskars
Mists: Shimmerz, Glimmer Mist
Misc - Rubons, Buttons, Heart Flourish Mask
Sketch: Creative Scrappers Sketch 98


Thanks for looking and I hope you join us over at Scrapbook Challenges!

Cheers!


Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog

Doodly

Labels

12x12 (19) ADS (7) Album (2) Altered (14) announcement (1) BG (2) card (4) Challenge (19) class (1) crop (1) DT (10) Masks (1) mini-album (1) musings (28) Organizing (2) Prima (8) publish (1) Scrapbook Room (1) Summer LOs (3) Survivor (2) technique (1) TIn (1) travel (8) Tutorial (3) wedding (6) win (4) Workshops (1) Xmas (2)