Monday, July 5, 2010

The Color Room

When I saw this photo of mine, I couldn't think of a better challenge than the colors I saw at The Color Room last Friday. I immediately looked for papers and embellishments with the coordinating colors and I am so glad I took the challenge because I actually used my old stash on here.

But I couldn't find a good gray colored paper / embellishment so I painted the KI Memories die cut (originally black) pp using Ranger Paint Dabber in Mud. I also loved that my Fiskars circle cutter was able to cut through the die cut with no problems. I thought I was going to destroy the die cut as I was cutting it. I also misted the painted die cut with GM marshmallow to give it a bit of shine.


Close up of the die cut and the butterflies and flowers I cut out from a patterned paper.



 

Here's the close up of the title and the butterflies and the trail...

Materials Used:
PP: Heidi Swapp, SEI, Bella Blvd, KI die cut pp
Alpha: Silhouette die cut
Embellishments: Prima Say it in Pearls, Thread
Inks: Disress inks, Stickles, Glimmer Mist
Tools: Martha Stewart border punch, Bazzil n Stitch template
 
 
Cheers!
Cathy

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog

Doodly

Labels

12x12 (19) ADS (7) Album (2) Altered (14) announcement (1) BG (2) card (4) Challenge (19) class (1) crop (1) DT (10) Masks (1) mini-album (1) musings (28) Organizing (2) Prima (8) publish (1) Scrapbook Room (1) Summer LOs (3) Survivor (2) technique (1) TIn (1) travel (8) Tutorial (3) wedding (6) win (4) Workshops (1) Xmas (2)