Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Honeymoon

Valentine's almost here so over at SC, Pamela designed this sketch that has a heart on it. I had fun with it and tried out new stuff too!

I still have left overs from my January nook kit so I used them here. Fits the theme anyway. These were our pictures from our honeymoon last year. Never really took the time to scrap any of it yet so here it is finally. I drew a heart first on the paper and then cut and distressed it. After that I placed the pink paislee paper underneatch, then placed the photos. But after dong this, I felt something was missing like the heart did not pop as I expect it to be so I looked for a trim that would fit and found one with the ruffles and it was perfect.

I stamped this bird and the embossed it with white poder. I then added the small postage stamp from one of the pink paislee papers.


Close up of the journaling. The scroll is a stamp from Autumn Leaves which was a 2-step stamp so you can actually paint the base color and the outline differently. Love those stamps! I then added some Kaiser pearls on it and liquid pearls around the journaling block.



These are cutouts from the die cut pink paislee papers I've left. I also added Judikins glaze on some of the flowers on the die cuts. Not so visible on this picture but it looks better in person.




The chipboard parenthesis is bare, I painted it brown and then stamped Hero Arts using white Staz On.




Hope you can join us over at SC for more challenges!


Cheers!

Cathy

3 comments:

  1. very creative! Love the heart and the trims that you used for it. It's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous! Lots of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bird is lovely and all the details. Like "honey" moon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog

Doodly

Labels

12x12 (19) ADS (7) Album (2) Altered (14) announcement (1) BG (2) card (4) Challenge (19) class (1) crop (1) DT (10) Masks (1) mini-album (1) musings (28) Organizing (2) Prima (8) publish (1) Scrapbook Room (1) Summer LOs (3) Survivor (2) technique (1) TIn (1) travel (8) Tutorial (3) wedding (6) win (4) Workshops (1) Xmas (2)