Tuesday, November 10, 2009

All about me - I can't live without...

All about me... just love this challenge blog. Their theme is always about reflections about yourself so you really have to dig deep inside you when you follow their prompts. For this month, their prompt is "I just can't live without..."



This was a family picture taken on our wedding day. Taal Vista Hotel setup a studio-like area where our first families had formal photo shoots with our photographer. And who can't live without family? I read different takes from the DT's and some can't live without friends, treasured tools, etc but for me it really is family. Who else knows the real you and yet accepts you for who you are? Who else is there when you need a helping hand or just a simple hug or moral support? Who's there with you through thick and thin?



My family has always been there for me, especially my Mom. I just love her so much. She's no fancy career woman but she raised us well. Really well... and for that I thank her. And now that I'm starting a family of my own, I would never forget what she taught me, especially how she stayed strong during those tough times. I'll carry that with me as I build my own... but one thing is for sure, I just can't live without my family. Period.



Here's my take. Journaling reads: Where would I be without my family?

I used Imaginisce CS, MAMBI paper, 7 gypsies ATC (transparent clock and photo background on the left), Prima flowers, naked chipboard (i lost the label), Prima flower, AC Remarks stickers, Kaiser rub-ons and bling, Gold paint, Crackle, stickles, perfect pearls, lace and a button.







The chipboard was painted with gold then I applied thick coating of crackle paint. Once dried, I applied perfect pearls medium randomly on the chipboard and applied perfect pearls and stickles on top.



Here's a close up...



Hope I don't lose my mojo and can scrap some more soon!



Cheers!

Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog

Doodly

Labels

12x12 (19) ADS (7) Album (2) Altered (14) announcement (1) BG (2) card (4) Challenge (19) class (1) crop (1) DT (10) Masks (1) mini-album (1) musings (28) Organizing (2) Prima (8) publish (1) Scrapbook Room (1) Summer LOs (3) Survivor (2) technique (1) TIn (1) travel (8) Tutorial (3) wedding (6) win (4) Workshops (1) Xmas (2)