Monday, November 2, 2009

Artz de Scrap Postcard Mini Album

For the month of November our project for Artz de Scrap involves post cards. The idea is to alter an album using post cards.

I have been collecting free ad post cards found from bookstores and the ones from Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf since they became available. Unfortunately since I have not finished re-organizing my room yet I asked a favor from a friend who collects them too (some in doubles – thank God!) to gave those doubles to me. Thanks Valerie!

So with post cards in hand, I thought of creating an album out of them instead of using them to alter an album! I’ve recently been inspired by Donna Downey’s workshop videos and techniques on layering with Gesso and Medium so I used that as the main technique here.
Materials I’ve used:
Gesso and medium, some paints, journaling cards, prima tape, old book and lots of stamps!

These were the postcards I’ve used.

I first gesso all the post cards – only covering the areas I want to cover. After the gesso dried, I then layered old book pages on top of it using gel medium and covered the text area again with gesso that makes it look like the old book page is actually part of the background.




Once dried, I layered more journaling cards, pictures, rubons, acetates and stamps. Lastly, I applied distress inks all over the area and bind them together using gaffer tape. And these are the finished pages.


The splash of orange on the background is from the postcard design.


This was a postcard for Visa and it says GO VISA. So I used the word GO and put a travel stamp on top of visa.

This was an ad for whipped cream and the quote just fits! I also removed some of the gesso on top of the quote to show some of the stripes on top of it.


Obviously a bag ad. I kept that bag figure on the right side and the one of the top left reads Bratpack and I replaced Brat with Bag.


This was an ad as a warning for fake passports. I circled the letters from CHINA in the crossword like square. The scroll was from another postcard and I covered the middle area with gesso and wrote my own journaling.


This is the last page which I filed with stamps. After the background has dried, I stamped a prima grid stamp all over it so there’s hints of grids over the area.

Hope you can try out this project and hop on over at Artz de Scrap blog!
Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

Cathy




1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog

Doodly

Labels

12x12 (19) ADS (7) Album (2) Altered (14) announcement (1) BG (2) card (4) Challenge (19) class (1) crop (1) DT (10) Masks (1) mini-album (1) musings (28) Organizing (2) Prima (8) publish (1) Scrapbook Room (1) Summer LOs (3) Survivor (2) technique (1) TIn (1) travel (8) Tutorial (3) wedding (6) win (4) Workshops (1) Xmas (2)