Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Shoes & Personalities

I can't believe it's already the second half of May. This month started really well for me, been really productive and completed a lot of project to date. And since it's the middle of the month, it is time for another layout for my Guest DT spot over at All About Me

This time the idea is all about our favorite shoes and how it actually "shoes" our personality - just love that! My ultimate fave now are flats! Whether it's open toed, sandals, just as long as they're flat, I love 'em.  So then came the problem, what shoes to take picture of? I couldn't decide so I decided to rely on my Silhouette SD. Unfortunately I couldn't find any flat shoes to print and cut but high heels oh my there were a lot.

And this actually reminded how attracted I was to high heels - specifically stilleto 7-8 years back. I still like 'em now but would I prefer it over flats? I don't think so. So this stirred up something in my head and I decided to actually use the high heels image and break it. :) So I did exactly that. And lucky me, I went to my LSS last Saturday and got me some new Kaiser papers and the Gypsy Sister is just perfect for this layout!  So here it is, the broken heels and a pic of me right there coming out of the shoe happy to have a broken high heels because I'm all for flats. :)

And reflecting on it, it really pretty much is like my personality. I've never been into make ups, I don't wear 'em although I can't live without cheek tints (that's my only staple). I only wear moisturizer 'coz my skin's really dry, if it weren't for that I'd be happy to let that go.  I've never been into fancy stuff too like nail polish, wild hair colors, contact lenses... there was a time I got hooked into it but when I see past pictures of myself, I get goose bumps. I guess it was just a phase and now I know me and this is me, just flat old me. :)

And character wise, I'm really more of an introvert. Not very social, I'd be happy to just stay home and scrap or read or watch. I know, I sound boring but it is me. I'm not a party gal, never been, never will be... As I aged, I've learned to accept that and I am really happy with who and where I am right now.

Here is the layout. I just love how bright those Kaiser pps are, don't you? And I might as well also calls this a Silhouette SD layout because I sure did cut a lot here and it makes me really think  I actually don't need anything else other than paper! Blaaah! But I still buy stuff haha!



I cut out the scrolls on one of the paper and used that as a top for the shoe and added some bling.

These are all cut out using Silhouette, the font I used is just downloaded online and I just added some Kaiser gems.


Here's a close up of the top left corner. The looped border is also a silhouette cut out. The paper is originally white and I stamped it with clear embossing powder and used distress inks on to of it. Loved it. Those diamonds are just scraps from the cutouts from the machine and I just topped it with liquid pearls.

Here's the journaling these are the same papers as the one I used for the font. And below this is the close up of the shoe. I've attached the cutout on a chipboard so it has dimension.

PP:  Kaisercraft Gypsy Sister
Embellishment: Kaiser pearls and gems, Kaiser rub-on
Alpha: Kaiser paper cut with Silhouette SD
Inks: disress inks, Clear embossing powder Liquid Pearls, Colorbox , Judikins Glaze
Tools: Stampin' place background stamp

I really had fun with the prompts this month and I am so happy to guest design for All About Me. So I hope you try it too and join them this month here

Thanks for looking and have a great week ahead!

Cheers!
Cathy

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful LO. I love that shoe and you coming out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. Like the die cut title background

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your layout and I love the story behind it! And oh yes, you do amazing things with your silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout! Love how you used Gypsy Sisters and I love the story behind it. Cute pic of you too :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog

Doodly

Labels

12x12 (19) ADS (7) Album (2) Altered (14) announcement (1) BG (2) card (4) Challenge (19) class (1) crop (1) DT (10) Masks (1) mini-album (1) musings (28) Organizing (2) Prima (8) publish (1) Scrapbook Room (1) Summer LOs (3) Survivor (2) technique (1) TIn (1) travel (8) Tutorial (3) wedding (6) win (4) Workshops (1) Xmas (2)