Friday, June 4, 2010

Inspired...

There's a new challenge posted over at Pagemaps and Becky's sponsor is Webster's! I got inspired to use my barely touched Websters pp. I'm starting to hate myself because I like buying stuff as soon as they get released but will use it months after.... Gotta change that bad habit!

I bought all the winter CHA Websters paper collection (except for a few lullaby lane pp that I won't be able to use coz I don't have a baby yet) and I've only used it once on an assignment.... oh well... not to mention the entire Prima CHA collection too.... Somebody stop me from shopping....

This is why I am so happy to look for challenges to motivate me to create. And this was the perfect challenge for my WP papers to be put to good use. WP are really special papers for me and they just deserve the best photos one can find. :) So I dug and found this big photo of me during our wedding last January 2009 and I immediately decided to use it.



Got inspired to cut a lot of images in the morning too so I used a lot of it on this page including that border punch like arch on top of the photo. So pretty right? 

This is a quote from one of the patterned papers from Lullaby Lane collection. Cut it out and attached it using foam tape. The border at the back is a 2-piece die cut from Silhouette which I painted with Shimmerz Blingz.

The butterfly is another 2-piece die cut. I stamped the base butterfly with script stamp and then painted the layer  with Shimmerz Blingz too. Added some Prima Say it in crystals and some pearl centers on the flowers too.

The Prima flowers below is from the Shabby Shutter collection which I misted with glimmer mist and then added those buds (I found them on my stash!) . Turned out pretty. Added some Shimmerz blingz again on top of it.  

More shimmerz on the flowers. That small blue Prima flower was also just added onto the page.  I also blotched shimmerz in the center of all the small white flowers on the page and a few on the big ones too.

This page tooks hours, the most I've spent I think on an LO lately. But I'm so happy with how it turned out.

Materials Used:
PP: Webster's Lullaby Lane & Life's Portrait collection
Alpha: Websters Stickers
Embellishment: Prima flowers, Prima Say it in Crystals, Prima flower centers, Die cuts from Silhouette
Inks: Colorbox chalk ink, Shimmerz Blingz, Glimmer Mist
Tools: Silhouette, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, Hampton Arts Script Stamp

Cheers!!!
Cathy

1 comment:

  1. Just blog hopping from TCR! Love what you did with the websters papers and I too love to hoard papers but sometimes take a while to do stuff with them. That is why I love the palettes on the CR, it makes me go through my stash!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog

Doodly

Labels

12x12 (19) ADS (7) Album (2) Altered (14) announcement (1) BG (2) card (4) Challenge (19) class (1) crop (1) DT (10) Masks (1) mini-album (1) musings (28) Organizing (2) Prima (8) publish (1) Scrapbook Room (1) Summer LOs (3) Survivor (2) technique (1) TIn (1) travel (8) Tutorial (3) wedding (6) win (4) Workshops (1) Xmas (2)