Monday, March 1, 2010

February is over...

I can't believe it's over.  This month flew so fast and I hate to admit it but I only made 8 layouts.  This is not because I lost my mojo or anything but I had to rest.  Got sick for a few days - vertigo, had a small car accident - car got a scratch, been so busy at work due to integration activities. So yeah, it got the best of me.

On the other hand though, I did win some seriously awesome stuff! I won a $300 worth of Melissa Frances goodies, I'm one of the CEO awardees - which earned me an extra $250 and bought myself a new Philip Stein watch, a Charriol bracelet and we had a very nice Vday celebration! And on the scrapppin side of my world, I was able to attend a scrappin class with Iris Babao Uy, I got in the top 25 finalist of Nook's DT Call (still proud of that though I didn't make it LOL!), One of my layouts posted at Two Peas got someone's attention and it will be pubbed at Scrapbooking.com and lastly I will be the featured member this March over at Your Scrapbook Stash. What's not to like about Feb eh?

Well just to top it off, I was able to finish another layout this weekend. I'm so happy my Prima goodies arrived in time for the Feb BAP.  No chance I'm hoping to win but I'm just happy to participate, been wanting to for the longest time. :)

So here is the finished layout. I started this layout last friday, when LG came over and we scrapped. But I didn't get to finish it until yesterday.

 

I used the Pastiche Collection on here. They are the most beautiful for me among all the new lines. :) The gate like paper is from my old prima stash, I tore it and applied crackle paint on the edges, like the soft look it added to the strong colors of the paper.



These are the chipboard stickers from the same line. The alpha is an old prima stash too but the flowers are new.  I also stamped a small piece of the music stamp on the side of the photo.

 

Here's the bottom right side. It was hard to cut through those beautiful papers but I did it anyway and I'm so happy with how it turned out. I also added glossy accents on the roses just to give it a little of an epoxy look. 



The leaf is from a new prima stamp too which I stamped on scraps (using two different shades of green) and hand cut after. 

Thanks for looking and have a great week ahead!

Cheers!
Cathy

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love your DH who plays along. Great paper, elements and colors. Big smiles.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog

Doodly

Labels

12x12 (19) ADS (7) Album (2) Altered (14) announcement (1) BG (2) card (4) Challenge (19) class (1) crop (1) DT (10) Masks (1) mini-album (1) musings (28) Organizing (2) Prima (8) publish (1) Scrapbook Room (1) Summer LOs (3) Survivor (2) technique (1) TIn (1) travel (8) Tutorial (3) wedding (6) win (4) Workshops (1) Xmas (2)