Sunday, March 14, 2010

Happiness is.... Family

Here's an LO I've made using the current sketch challenge over at Sketch Inspiration. SI is a sketch ning forum I recently discovered. They've got weekly sketches and I love sketches. Can't seem to start anything without it so I signed up and joined early this week.

Here's the sketch:

And here's my take. I've used the new prima lines again and I still have a lot! :) This was a picture taken this New Year's over at Ate Ten's house. I think this was taken after the fireworks have settled. Gio was taking the picture so he wasn't here.


Close up of the several layers of trims and papers I used and the doily which was cut using my Silhouette. The trim on top is prima and was originally creme in color. I misted it with walnut ink because I didn't really want any shine added to it.


Close ups of the flowers and prima stamp. I also spread platinum stickles on the flowers.


And lastly close up of the prima stickers and chipboards. I also used a Heidi Swapp paper which I used for the title - "happiness is..."



If you notice, this layout did not have cutouts so I actually finished this in record time - I don't think I exceeded 2 hours and that's a first for me. And though it did not have my usual cut outs, I loved how it turned out. So maybe I will do more LOs without cutouts soon. But I don't know if I can resist it at all. It took an ounce of strength not to cut today. :)

Anyhow, thanks for looking! Have a great weekend!

Cheers!
Cathy

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog

Doodly

Labels

12x12 (19) ADS (7) Album (2) Altered (14) announcement (1) BG (2) card (4) Challenge (19) class (1) crop (1) DT (10) Masks (1) mini-album (1) musings (28) Organizing (2) Prima (8) publish (1) Scrapbook Room (1) Summer LOs (3) Survivor (2) technique (1) TIn (1) travel (8) Tutorial (3) wedding (6) win (4) Workshops (1) Xmas (2)