Monday, March 15, 2010

Lucky line

Hello Monday!  This will be a busy work week for me and I'm prepped for it - had lots of sleep this weekend. And no to mention lots of eating too. :) Last saturday, had lots of time to sleep. DH and I also watched different TV shows I've downloaded over the week.

On Saturdays, the first thing we watch is Survivor. I was sad what's happening to the Heroes coz I really love them but now I think I'm switching sides. The heroes are just all confused, no leadership, etc... next would be Grey's Anatomy - my all time favorite! :) We also watched the first 3 episodes of the Amazing Race. Then more sleeping time and then I was able to scrap something late that night and right around midnight or almost, we decided to go out and grab some dessert and so we headed off to our fave - Cafe Breton - had their signature "La Pinay" crepe. And I thought that was it but then we decided to take home Jollibee Chickenjoy! Yes, we're on a roll. Ate those around two in the morning before going to bed at around 3. Teehee :)

So Sunday we were still craving for food, it's actually Gio who's craving for different kinds of food since Friday night. We went to my SIL's house for lunch for my BIL's bday celebration. Chit chat after lunch and headed off to Trinoma with the gang (ate ten, kim, ate faye, ave, patrick & mama) around 4pm, chanced upon a really nice pink dress from BYSI and I bought it. Then headed off for Dinner at Kopi Tiam - their Angus Beef tapa is the best! We we're so full when he headed home. And that's basically our weekend.

And just this morning, we found out from our car dealer representative that we're finally alloted one unit of the new Hyundai Tucson! This is the looooooooong-awaited news we've been hoping for since early February. So we will finally get the unit within the week! Soooooooooooo happeeeeeeee!!!


So, nuff about my musings, it's another week and that means another sketch from Scrapbook Challenges! Here's our sketch for this week.

 

Here's my take. I used the new papers from Little Yellow Bicycle called Lucky Me. I just love the color combo - green and blue.


Did a few things here and here. First is with the Technique Tuesday chipboard which I stamped using Hero Arts background stamp. I used embossing ink and then heat embossed it using distress embossing powder in peeled paint. Once dried I misted the whole background with glimmer spritz in Caribbean Sunset. The bird is a Maya Road bare chipboard, i applied crackle to it in varying colors. The circle journaling tablets were joined together with a brad and it hides the journaling underneath.


The titles were all from Heidi Swapp Stickers. The tree branch and flowers were also from Maya Road, painted all of them using MM paints and then I added liquid pearls on the border page.


Here's a close up of the middle page with the journaling hidden.


Happy Monday to all!

Cheers!
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog

Doodly

Labels

12x12 (19) ADS (7) Album (2) Altered (14) announcement (1) BG (2) card (4) Challenge (19) class (1) crop (1) DT (10) Masks (1) mini-album (1) musings (28) Organizing (2) Prima (8) publish (1) Scrapbook Room (1) Summer LOs (3) Survivor (2) technique (1) TIn (1) travel (8) Tutorial (3) wedding (6) win (4) Workshops (1) Xmas (2)