Monday, September 14, 2009

Artz de Scrap Sept Desk Calendar Take

The tutorial for this month at Artz de Scrap is a Desk Calendar. I created mine a bit differently from the tutorial because I was in the mood to make ATC cards. The idea began when I thought of the unused playing cards I have left. I used that as the ATC base (I know it's not actually an ATC because of the size but I just want to call it ATC anyway).

The calendar stand was made of an ordinary illustration board which I just scored in to the size I want. I then painted the bottom and the sides with pink Kaiser paint then covered the front and back with patterned papers. I only used one line of PS by the way - Rhonna Farrer AL papers. I think I cut up about 10 patterns. I adhered them to the playing cards and then I played with it.

I did a lot of stamping, masking, resist, crackle, distressing and more! I totally had fun although I had a hard time removing all the inks from my hands after. My non-stick craft sheet is proving to be so worth the cost! Just love it.
I made a total of 14 ATCs. 0-3 for the numbers on the left and 1-0 for the numbers on the right.

The left side of the calendar where the months would be written is actually made of acetate. The box on top is a love notes acetate from MLYB. Since these are acetates, you can actually write on it and erase it later on. I did write 2010 January on the second picture and wrote to do's underneath the month. So you can actually customize this calendar and use and re-use it because the months and year can be written and erased how every many times you wish.


All the numbers used were actually done through masking using Tim Holtz Alpha Masks. Just love 'em all!
Head on over at Artz de Scrap and check out what the other designers have come up with to get your mojo's fired up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog

Doodly

Labels

12x12 (19) ADS (7) Album (2) Altered (14) announcement (1) BG (2) card (4) Challenge (19) class (1) crop (1) DT (10) Masks (1) mini-album (1) musings (28) Organizing (2) Prima (8) publish (1) Scrapbook Room (1) Summer LOs (3) Survivor (2) technique (1) TIn (1) travel (8) Tutorial (3) wedding (6) win (4) Workshops (1) Xmas (2)