Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Dec Tutorial at ADS

For this month, the tutorial over at Artz de Scrap is all about stuffed christmas trees. My co-DT Kim did a very detailed tutorial on this, do check it out!

Here's my take on it. I used Webster's Pages Home for the Holidays paper on this (i only used the scraps left from my other project). I basically cut the 6 sets of triangles and cut the borders using fiskars edge scissors. I punched holes using my paper piercer for the sewing lines then sew it. I left one side open and then I stuffed crumbled papers inside 'til it is full and then sew it close.

I distressed the sides using Fired brick and then attached one over the other. I then embellished it using xmas eyelets and stickled it!

The bucket here is actually bright orange in color - I dabbed Red Pepper paint dabber over it and then stamped it with hero arts leaf using metallic green stamp ink from versa mark.


Here's a close up...

Loved how this project turned out!
Cheers!
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog

Doodly

Labels

12x12 (19) ADS (7) Album (2) Altered (14) announcement (1) BG (2) card (4) Challenge (19) class (1) crop (1) DT (10) Masks (1) mini-album (1) musings (28) Organizing (2) Prima (8) publish (1) Scrapbook Room (1) Summer LOs (3) Survivor (2) technique (1) TIn (1) travel (8) Tutorial (3) wedding (6) win (4) Workshops (1) Xmas (2)