Thursday, December 31, 2009

Welcome 2010!

Six hours from now, 2009 will officially be over. And I can't believe how time passed by so quickly. Barely a year ago, I was still preparing for our wedding. Busy working on the little things for the wedding and so many things have happened since then...

There's just so many things I can't forget this year. The most significant is marrying my childhood sweetheart. I never thought that after 10 years, I'd see him again and would end up married to him. It's one heck of a love story to tell and I still can't believe it. And we have a song for it, Love moves in mysterious ways - the lyrics fit so well :). Finding someone to spend you're whole life with is easy - it's a choice anybody can make. But finding someone you'll love for the rest of you life isn't. And for that, I'm ever so grateful.

Early this year also, we lost our baby. I was 8 weeks pregnant when the doctor told us that it was not a viable pregnancy. I can still remember the pain I went through, physically and most especially emotionally. It's painful because we were so excited when I tested positive at four weeks. I created a mini-album while on bed rest for two weeks to document the stages I was going to go through... but God has other plans for us. Acceptance is the key and we accepted what happened. It wasn't easy but our Faith is strong. And for that, I'm hopeful.

After the storm passed, we had a good clearing and everything went well for the rest of the year. We've traveled, we've got new work-related opportunities, continuous family togetherness (both sides) and new experiences. Shopping in Hong Kong, Tour in Beijing and one heck of a new experience that involved sleeping on an island with no electricity (that was icky but super fun!). We've also attended significant wedding celebrations this year and are glad to be with friends who've found their match. I've gained new friends through this hobby, work had been good to me too. Blessings kept coming until the end of the year and may I say this year ended really well. And for that, I feel blessed and at peace.

So new year... I'm looking forward to more new experiences, more travels, more friends and continuous family time. I'm lucky to have found a responsible husband but I'm so happy I have found a partner / companion for life. We grew a lot together this year so here's to hoping to a better and more happy together...and a baby too :). I love you hon.


I'd like to just leave the lyrics of our song...

Who'd have thought, This is how the pieces fit?
You and I, Shouldn't even try making sense of it

I forgot, How we ever came this far
I believe we had reasons but I don't know what they are
So blame it on my heart, oh

Love moves in mysterious ways
It's always so surprising
When love appears over the horizon
I'll love you for the rest of my days
But still, it's a mystery
How you ever came to me
Which only proves
Love moves in mysterious ways

Heaven knows, Love is just a chance we take
We make plans, But then love demands a leap of faith

So hold me close, never ever let me go
'Cause even though we think we know, which way the river flows
That's not the way love goes, no

Like the ticking of the clock, two hearts beat as one
But I'll never understand, the ways it's done

Love moves in mysterious ways...


Happy New Year Everyone!


Cheers!

Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog

Doodly

Labels

12x12 (19) ADS (7) Album (2) Altered (14) announcement (1) BG (2) card (4) Challenge (19) class (1) crop (1) DT (10) Masks (1) mini-album (1) musings (28) Organizing (2) Prima (8) publish (1) Scrapbook Room (1) Summer LOs (3) Survivor (2) technique (1) TIn (1) travel (8) Tutorial (3) wedding (6) win (4) Workshops (1) Xmas (2)