Thursday, January 21, 2010

More Jan Nook Kit - Pink Paislee Love

Here's one more layout I finished today using the January Nook Kit. I was looking for some pictures that would fit and I suddenly saw our pre-nuptial photo shoot that has remain unscrapped for 1.5 years now. Whew, glad to at least have a few of them done now. I was so in the mood today so I did extra stuff (see below).


I have a few more Maya Road kraft envelope from the kit and since I've already used it as is in my other layout I decided to do a paint resist. I stamped it with Tim Holtz stamps and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Once dried I used Red Pepper paint dabber for the bottom portion and Cloudy Blue for the top half. After spreading the paint, I wiped it with a damp cloth and here's how it came out.


Now onto the butterfly, I already painted it and applied perfect pearls the other day so I decided to just cover it up with a patterned paper (also from the same line), sanded and inked. And then I just topped with bling. I also pressed it a bit towards the center for the little lift.


This pillow looking embellishment is just one of the die cuts and I just covered the area with the Prima trim and stuck the heart pin on the side. It turned out real pretty for my liking so I was glad I experimented. :)



I found the space between the butterfly and the title a little awkward so I looked for a rub-on that would fill the gap and I found the perfect fit. It's an old prima rub-on I've had since forever. I liked it that it swirls overlapped a few of the letters.



Thanks for looking! Goodnight!

Cheers!
Cathy

3 comments:

  1. Very beauutiful LO and thanks for explaining how you achieved the look am very new at scrapbooking so the explaination helps alot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Love the layering of paper and the strip of photos. Photos were nice in Black and White.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that layout! It's fantastic. And the way you painted the envelope... such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog

Doodly

Labels

12x12 (19) ADS (7) Album (2) Altered (14) announcement (1) BG (2) card (4) Challenge (19) class (1) crop (1) DT (10) Masks (1) mini-album (1) musings (28) Organizing (2) Prima (8) publish (1) Scrapbook Room (1) Summer LOs (3) Survivor (2) technique (1) TIn (1) travel (8) Tutorial (3) wedding (6) win (4) Workshops (1) Xmas (2)