Thursday, January 14, 2010

New Traditions

Like I said, been SO productive this week hence here's another layout I finished the other day. The sketch is from Scrap the Girls. And this is my first ever layout using purple! I have a few purple papers but have never really tried them until now and I think I like it. :) The touch of yello and aqua I think made it look good. This year's lucky color according to my sis in law is yellow so most of them were wearing yellow that night and that complimented the purple perfectly!

I had fun doing this page, kinda went freestyle. Whatever comes to mind kinda thing. After I finished sticking everything, that's when I thought of splattering paint on the page so I had to cover the area that was already done heehee... I also just drew the corners of the biggest rectangle and created a flower from patterned paper. So all in all, I just let go and played with what my hands could get on. Loved the results - wish I could do this all the time and not be afraid of making mistakes. :)



These pictures were taken last new year's eve. We started a new tradition we'd like to keep this year and that's doing exchange gifts and playing Bingo while waiting for the clock to hit midnight! We had an awesome time and these girls are - Camille (Niece) and Catherine (Sis in law).

Close up of the flower and the purple flower bling (Basic Grey)...




Close up of the rub-on and flower...



Close up of the flower I cut out and layered from patterned paper...


Materials:
CS: American Crafts; PP: K&Co embossed paper, Little yellow bycicle, Creative Imagination; Prima flowers and rubon, AC Thickers, BG Bling it, Kaiser and HS gems, Kaiser paint, opaque pen, distress ink, trim.


So Happy!


Cheers!

Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog

Doodly

Labels

12x12 (19) ADS (7) Album (2) Altered (14) announcement (1) BG (2) card (4) Challenge (19) class (1) crop (1) DT (10) Masks (1) mini-album (1) musings (28) Organizing (2) Prima (8) publish (1) Scrapbook Room (1) Summer LOs (3) Survivor (2) technique (1) TIn (1) travel (8) Tutorial (3) wedding (6) win (4) Workshops (1) Xmas (2)