Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Altered toilet paper tube for Artz de Scrap

For this project I was contemplating on creating something different. I researched online and saw a lot of altered project for this which made it more difficult but when I saw the pearl bracelet on my desk I immediately thought of a jewelry box or holder of some sort which will also be a great gift box. So I went ahead and got started.
I cut about 1/3 of the tube from both ends and wrapped paper on it. I cut the other tube in half and cut about ¼” to they can sit on top of each ot her. I adhered them to a square chipboard which I painted black (that was the hardest part by the way – I used UHU glue and was trying very hard for the glue not to show on the painted surface and to make sure that it holds really well). I also stamped and embossed an image at the bottom of the painted chipboard so even if the box has no content, you’d still see a sort of bling (it’s embossed in silver) at the bottom.

For the design on top, I happen to find this gorgeous flower in my stack and when I added stickles to it, it looked amazing (or so I thought J). Added ribbon at the bottom and voila! (sorry but for some reason the pictures doesn't want to rotate).

I also added bling and ribbon on the outer portion of the box.



Go ahead and visit http://artzdescrap.blogspot.com/ to check out the fantastic creation of our DT! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog

Doodly

Labels

12x12 (19) ADS (7) Album (2) Altered (14) announcement (1) BG (2) card (4) Challenge (19) class (1) crop (1) DT (10) Masks (1) mini-album (1) musings (28) Organizing (2) Prima (8) publish (1) Scrapbook Room (1) Summer LOs (3) Survivor (2) technique (1) TIn (1) travel (8) Tutorial (3) wedding (6) win (4) Workshops (1) Xmas (2)