Friday, August 14, 2009

Dixie Pieces Week #2 Summer Entry

Ok, we're now on week #2 over at Dixie Pieces and this time the theme is about the sights of summer. Color Scheme is lighblue, green and cream. And handcutting must be present. Head on to their forum to see some hand cutting techniques!

Here's my entry. Pardon the lighting in my room but I'm no photograper so this is the best shot I have. I used a green cardstock as the base and added the pps which I punched. I handcut an FP paper and put blings on it and emphasized the stems using brown stickles. It was a bit hard to cut because the scrolls were so thin, but was happy with the result.

Here's a close up of the flower on the bottom left corner. It's actually a fabric flower which I again splattered with stickles. I framed it using the leaves and additional stemmed flowers.

Here's the close up of the handcut paper with bling and stickles on it.


I cut the other snorkling picture of Gio using my spellbinder die and doodled on the embossed border. Also added the Inque Boutique scalloped chipboard which was originally white. Painted it with Kaiser paint, applied Judikins glaze and scattered ranger stickles over it. Underneath is the alpha die cuts which I sticked using foam tape to raise it up. The goggles is an embellishment that was already pre-made.



Had fun experimenting on the different techniques I used. :)
Materials used: DCWV cardstock,IB scalloped chipboard, FP papers, kaiser paint, ranger stickles, all about scrapbooking bling, ribbon, goggles, (fabric flowers, leaves, mini flowers, frame, ribbon -unbranded), 7 Gypsies rub-on (Memories), Scrapworks alpha letters (boracay), Image tree alpha stamp (snorkling), Marvy black pen (adventure, March 2007), Judikins glaze

11 comments:

  1. Cathy, I love what you did for this challenge! My favorite part are the flowers and leaves in the corner. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME page...love everything about it...great cut work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment on my blog and for stopping by! love your entry for week 2!

    Have a wonderful weekend, now I am off to read your blog!!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of the texture and your layout is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the handcut flourishes!! So many beautiful details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! I love that fabric flower! great job! what a fun layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job Cathy - thanks for stopping by my blog too! It's so much fun learning more about each other via blogworld!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A truly stunning LO! I love that little slide frame with the words 'Memories of Snorkling' on - so much attention to detail - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the layout you came up with for the challenge. That little mask is just the perfect adorable touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just LOVE all of your detail!! Great layout!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog

Doodly

Labels

12x12 (19) ADS (7) Album (2) Altered (14) announcement (1) BG (2) card (4) Challenge (19) class (1) crop (1) DT (10) Masks (1) mini-album (1) musings (28) Organizing (2) Prima (8) publish (1) Scrapbook Room (1) Summer LOs (3) Survivor (2) technique (1) TIn (1) travel (8) Tutorial (3) wedding (6) win (4) Workshops (1) Xmas (2)